I came across this list through Bob Gourley‘s post on sys-con.com. Bob references a Forbes pictorial of Tim O’Reilly’s list of the world’s 7 most powerful data scientists. O’Reilly is the founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media, where his company publishes plenty of technical resources, and hosts the fast growing Strata conferences.
Bob gives a nice overview of the Forbes list – you should read his analysis here… But here are O’Reilly’s top seven (well, ten…):
- Larry Page (Google)
- Jeff Hammerbacher (Cloudera) and DJ Patil (Greylock Ventures)
- Sebastian Thrun (Stanford) and Peter Norvig (Google)
- Elizabeth Warren (Candidate, U.S. Senate, Massachusetts)
- Todd Park (Dept. Health and Human Services)
- Alex “Sandy” Pentland (MIT)
- Hod Lipson and Michael Schmidt (Cornell)
Get My Newest Articles In Your Inbox
Subscribe to get my latest articles from Decisions & Discovery by email.